Monday, December 18, 2006

Things to do in Guangzhou if you are bored - Go to the XinJiang Restaurant and watch the bellydancers

Yes, that is a real snake. This little slideshow is from my recent visit to the XinJiang restaurant in GuangZhou. The food is from XinJiang province and is Muslim food, no pork - mainly lamb. The Chinese people in Xinjiang are mainly Muslim and belong to the Uyghur minority group. They do not resemble the Han Chinese but closely resemble the people of Kazakstan and Kyrgyzstan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man am I glad I found your blog again. Glad to see your doing well. I left my e-mail address on an earlier post. Going to the monster trucks this weekend. I'll take some pictures and e-mail them if you'd like. Show your Chinese friends what redneck America is all about. Bocephus